Tuesday, November 30, 2010

She's Here!

Ashley Norma  was born on November 11 at 12:22pm.  She weighed in at 8lbs and measured 20 inches long.  We are so happy to have her in our family and are thoroughly enjoying this sweet little girl that has come into this world.  Ashley is very content and calm, sleeps between 3 and 4 hours at a time during the night, eats well (she gained almost a pound in one week, bringing her weight to 8lbs 9oz on her 11th day of life), loves to be held, loves her swing, poops a ton (probably all babies do, I just forgot how often!) and brings joy to her parents and older brothers and sisters! Her middle name, Norma, is after her 98 year old great grandmother, "GG."  Ashley is the 11th grandchild on my parents side, and the 11th great grandchild for GG!  I think it is very fitting that she was born on the 11th day of the 11th month!  My mom was here for 10 days, arriving just a few hours before we went to the hospital.  It was great having her help and we all wish she could have stayed and played longer!  Shaun was home all last week.  We had a quiet Thanksgiving, and it has been really nice to just take it easy for a couple of weeks!  I think we will be spending a lot of time inside the next few months.  It is 28 degrees outside right now, and snowing.  I'm so grateful to have a new baby, and a really good excuse to stay home!

Well, here is an overload of pictures for any who want to see!  Enjoy!


The kids were so excited to get out of school early to meet their new sister!


I can't get enough of Tyler's smile when he is holding his baby!  He loves her and is so soft with her!  He was the last of the siblings to first hold her and cried when it was my mom's turn to hold Ashley!


The nursery nurses gave Ashley her first bath right in my room!  That was fun for me to watch, and really fun for the kids because they each got to help!  The hospital was amazing compared to Inland Valley, where I delivered Kaitlyn, Eric and Tyler!  It was like going from Motel 6 to the Ritz!


We were anxious to go home on Friday.  The pediatricians typically like the babies to stay 48 hours, but because she was my 5th, they were much more comfortable with us going home and just bringing her in for a checkup on Monday!  
Ashley dressed up for her doctors visit!


Ashley got a little sleepy during Family Home Evening!  


A few more cute pics!  Right after I wrapped her in the towel from her bath, she pooped!  So, she got a second bath!  Ashley really likes to go thru 2 diapers in one changing!  I'm so glad she isn't a boy!


I think she is going to have a very special relationship with her older brothers!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post! It is so fun to see these pictures! She is going to be so loved and protected by her brothers and sisters! Again, CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful new addition to the family. She's great! p.s. you look awesome Lindsay!

Jocelyn said...

I love how Tyler is laying on his blue blanket and Ashley on her pink one...so cute!

Anie said...

SO glad I decided to check your blog (fully expecting no update:)! What a pleasant surprise! I LOVED seeing all these pics of baby Ashley. One of my favorites is the one of Tyler holding her. His smile is priceless. Being only 2, with no other experience of being an older sibling, I'm sure he is in complete heaven every. single. day. Still can't believe you have FIVE kids! Dang! But I bet you've got a LOT of great helpers and many hands always wanting to hold her. Seeing these pics makes me sad knowing that the girls and I are going to be missing out on a whole lot of fun in CA. Madi and Elle (especially Madi) loves her cousins so much. She's gonna love seeing all these pics. Thanks again for posting. Love ya!