Monday, October 31, 2011

First Day of School

The kids like to say we were homeless when they started school.  I guess that isn't entirely false.  We were taking up residence at the lovely La Quinta Inn, while we waited for our new house to be ready.  We couldn't enroll the kids in school until we were physically here,  and then we had to wait for the schools to do what they needed to do to get the kids placed in classes.  The middle school must be on top of things, because they let Brittany start the next day.  Kaitlyn and Eric had to wait a couple of days! I insisted on taking first day of school pictures.  These will be a fun memory! (The week in a hotel, with five kids, a dog, and a husband away on business, in a new place, where I don't know anyone, or how to get anywhere was a not so fun memory!)

Brittany is in the sixth grade.  Her first year in middle school!





Kaitlyn is in Third Grade!







 Eric is in First Grade!

Not the best picture...I had Ashley in my arms, and Tyler holding on to my legs!



































Eric and Kaitlyn have the best teachers at their school!






































The kids were totally excited to ride the bus!  I don't think it is all that bad myself!  The bus stop is at the corner, just one house down from ours.  We worked it out for the kids to come home from school on the bus on our moving day.  I was concerned that they wouldn't know what bus to get on, but they made it!


No comments: