Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wilderness

Our subdivision is named the Wilderness Valley. Shaun and I had no idea what was in our backyard when we first made an offer on our house. We have come to know and love what is a fabulous part of our neighborhood. Just a few doors down, and a couple of houses behind us, sits a wilderness preserve area, complete with a few large ponds that are the home to many fish, geese, cranes, bull frogs, snakes, turtles, deer, fox, owls, ticks (I found one on Kaitlyn's hair line last week!)and probably other wildlife that we just don't know about yet! There are some great paved paths that go around the water, lush "wilderness," and just beyond the ponds is the Blue River! We love to take family walks, stopping to feed the fish on the bridges and poke at frogs on the banks of the water! We also have a great time riding our bikes. Tyler rides in the trailer behind Shaun's bike and absolutely loves the ride! When my mom was here in early April, the trees were still pretty brown. I have enjoyed seeing the leaves bud and everything turn green the past few weeks. This is how it looked this evening...absolutely beautiful...the kids and the scenery!


3 comments:

JoMamma said...

It really is beautiful there. I wish I was there right now!!!!

Brynn said...

How pretty!

Jocelyn said...

I love the picture of Tyler running...so cute! Hopefully I will get to come out sometime soon and explore this fun "wilderness" with you guys :)