Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wings

"One mom + One 2 year old boy + One 4 week old baby girl + 3 hour flight = One Crazy Lady!"
This was my facebook status just before leaving on our flight to California.  Fortunately, all was smooth.  

We made it thru security.  Ashley was perfectly content in the screening bin.

Tyler was very entertained with Toy Story 3 on my phone (the extra $ I paid for a digital copy was well worth it).  The headphones weren't his favorite, but he was perfectly content without sound.

 Tyler even held his sister for a while to give me a break.
I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  Well, I didn't really set my hopes too high!  We had an empty seat on our row, perfect for Ashley to stretch out on!  I only had to change one poopy diaper (Tyler's), there were no major meltdowns from either baby, the Southwest airplane crackers were a huge hit with Tyler.  Who knew a cracker could be so much fun? I also discovered that a small box of Nerds is good for about 10 minutes of entertainment!

Things I am grateful for...
Direct flights
Empty seats
Flying in the middle of the day
Smiley face stickers
A really good newborn
A happy 2 year old
An excited grandma (aka Boppi) waiting for us at LAX

Next up, me with 5 kids on a plane!  (Not sure if I am up for that just yet, and pretty sure that when I am it will be a lot worse than it would be now!)  Ashley's long hours of deep sleep are fading as she gets older... I do have an added bit of confidence after this adventure though.  Kind of like the first time I took 4 kids to Disneyland without Shaun!  Bring it on...

No comments: