Monday, November 17, 2008

Eric is 4!

I am going to try to play catch up...Starting with Eric's birthday on September 2. My parents and Jocelyn came to our house for Labor Day weekend to celebrate Eric's birthday and to help us with a few projects. My dad grew a few acres of corn in the back field at his work. He brought us several crates full! My mom and I shucked it, parboiled it, cut it off the cob and filled about 15 quart size ziplocks with corn! We also enjoyed eating corn on the cob at just about every meal for a week! Shaun and my dad also put base boards in the downstairs bathroom. The poor bathroom had been without baseboards for almost 2 years! Now for the upstairs bathrooms... Eric had a great birthday, celebrating the whole weekend long! I took him to Toys R Us one day to check out the toys and see what he was interested in. His favorite aisle was the Home Depot tool aisle! He decided his favorites in the whole store were the weed wacker and blower!

2 comments:

Karley said...

Yay, now he can fulfill his life long dream of being a landscaper!

Aunt Fay said...

So... do you have any of that corn left? Sounds kind of good about now in November. Sounds like Eric had a great birthday. I think he may have inherited that farmer gene from his grandfather and great-grandfather!