Moms always tell their kids that they are not allowed to put q-tips in their ears. Well, some lessons you have to learn on your own. Or for Eric's sake, he learned it second hand by being the victim of Kaitlyn's mistake! Kaitlyn decided to "clean" Eric's ears this morning and one twenty dollar co-pay and a lot of tears later, she learned that maybe she should have listened to Mom! Eric has a ruptured ear drum or so the doctor thinks...it was a little hard to see with all of the dried up blood in there! So now I get to give him ear drops twice a day which apparently don't feel as good as eye drops which Eric loves! Fortunately Eric forgave his sister and they are back to being best friends!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Whoever knew?
Moms always tell their kids that they are not allowed to put q-tips in their ears. Well, some lessons you have to learn on your own. Or for Eric's sake, he learned it second hand by being the victim of Kaitlyn's mistake! Kaitlyn decided to "clean" Eric's ears this morning and one twenty dollar co-pay and a lot of tears later, she learned that maybe she should have listened to Mom! Eric has a ruptured ear drum or so the doctor thinks...it was a little hard to see with all of the dried up blood in there! So now I get to give him ear drops twice a day which apparently don't feel as good as eye drops which Eric loves! Fortunately Eric forgave his sister and they are back to being best friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor Eric!! Kaitlyn really is quite the mom these days....getting Eric dressed, cleaning his ears....what a helpful little girl! I always get nervous cleaning Madi's ears. Have far is too far to clean into the ear?? Did Kaitlyn jam it in pretty far? Did Eric freak out right away or was it not until later that he felt the pain. There was bleeding....now you've got me all nervous!!!
That is the saddest thing. I totally know how ear problems feel. I am so sorry Eric! Hope it gets better soon!
My mom called as I was finishing up reading this. So, I read part of it to her. We both said "Oooh! Ow! Poor guy!"
Mom commented that it is Grammie's fault we do this. (HA, HA) Grammie was always very concerned about cleaning the ears, and so as a result, they as mothers did it to us, and now we do it for our children...And in your case, Kaitlyn is doing it to her "children" too.
Now I guess I can come forward with my story: While checking Kaden's ears before a check up I found a huge wad of cotton in there. Sure glad I found it before the doctor. I ended up telling him about it anyway, and he told me one time he checked a kid's ear and found a bead in there. His mom commented that he had said there was something in there a YEAR ago, but she could never find it, so she never did anything. :( Poor kid had that thing in there for a year! Can you imagine? Maybe that will make you feel a little better?
Anyway...still so sad for Eric, but in the end it is a good story for your family journal, huh! Hope Eric is taking those ear drops easier! Good luck to you!
That is crazy! Eric was trying to tell me about this today in Primary but I thought he was saying he went to the doc and got his ears checked. Well, that's exactly what happened, I just didn't understand the sibling torturing part of the story.
Ouch - it just takes a girl to practice out her mothering techniques on her younger brother. This is exactly why I stuck with ALL boys. No mothers here except for the head honcho mother!
Post a Comment