Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Penguin Day


Approximately 12 years ago, a new holiday was created. Unfortunately, most major calendars and the world are not well informed of this holiday that occurs 2 times a year, October 25 and June 10. You may ask yourself, "Penguin Day, how do I celebrate that?" Well, let me answer that for you...First, it is best to wear black and white on those days, Second, eat seafood...tuna sandwiches, sushi, fish tacos,... if you are not a fan of seafood, you can make cupcakes and decorate to look like penguins,...Be creative, involve your kids! Lastly, we like to read penguin stories, listen to penguin music, watch a penguin movie like, Surfs Up, Happy Feet or The March of the Penguins. Have a Happy Penguin Day and spread the word!

On a more serious note...
We received word tonight that School has been cancelled tomorrow, October 25 due to the fires. We have a lot of smoke in our town from the Fallbrook fire. There was a fire in Temecula that is contained now and a fire in Wildomar that is also contained (2 towns north and south of Murrieta). It's hot, dry, windy and smoky. We are praying that there won't be any fires in Murrieta. We live near some undeveloped areas that would not fare well in a wild fire. Here is a link my dad found for a website that has some good information about the various fires. http://www.inciweb.org/state/5/

6 comments:

It's all about the "Crew" said...

We have been thinking about and praying for you and your parents.

Hope you have a fun and enjoyable penguin day with no school! :)

Brynn said...

Lindsay, where do I even begin to comment on this one?

Mindi said...

It this true, or are you just having fun with your fellow obsessed bloggers? Well, whatever your pleasure we would like a reminder about this holiday from now on (I am not so good at remembering dates). I am happy to oblige any sort of opportunity to have a celebration. Invite us over for a party, we send our rsvp right now. We will be there!

Stacie said...

Glad to see you are informing others of the oh so important day. I celebrated by giving all my nieces and nephews a copy of Surfs Up. Of course, they LOVE the movie - who wouldn't?! Still hoping we can spend another penguin day together again before too long!

Glad to hear you all faired well with the fires....how scary!

Brynn said...

Lins, penguin day has come and gone. We need more posts!

Anie said...

Yes, I agree with Brynn! Come on Lindsay- I'm dying to see pictures of the baptism!!! We need a new post SOON!!